Tuesday, June 9, 2009

From the Sewing Room

Today I took some time away from Weekend Sewing, to finish up some works in progress. I don't know if anyone else is like me but I get a lot of things started and then it takes a while for me to finish them. So today I finished up a non traditional Christmas Dress.



Next I finished up a pattern I put together myself. I am trying my hand at pattern making....well it isn't going so well. This is the top I made. Just a first attempt. It is really simple. Just a box pleat in the front and double buttons on the shoulder.

Finally this morning I made a pair of shoes. Yeah I know I'm a cobbler now or something. I found this super cute pattern online and thought I can follow directions, I can do this. And here is the result...Notice that only one shoe is made. That is because I got so darn excited about having just made a baby shoe I had to immediately post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment