Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sales, Wills, and Pleats


So on Friday, Heirlooms Forever had their sale. Yeah they have a sale by marking their stuff down about 1%. But oh you should see the people stalk them out for that slight % off, and don't even think about the 50% off room....talk about a THROW DOWN. Do not I repeat do not come between a woman and the fabric she has had her eye on every trip to the store.

I was on a mission on Friday...yes I was getting a pleater. The one item that was marked down like .05% unlike everythingelse. Don't worry I wanted it no matter the mark down or mark up. I stood in line for 30 minutes, manged to pick out many other things I didn't need, but couldn't live without and an hour after entering the doors of Heirlooms I was walking out 3 bags deep. Thanks to my sweet mom I now can pleat my own fabric to smock. It was my birthday present early. Well, technically I can't do it yet, because they were out of the orange pleating thread, and because I don't know how to use the thing and will have to have a little lesson, but after that....oooo I will be able to pleat anything I want.

I know my friend Connie is reading this and shaking her head. She has a pleater and offered to let me use it whenever, but you see she has a daughter that sews and a daughter in law that sws, and when shes gone I will loose access to the pleater. I needed my own. Connie did try to however have an intervention and say she would will me hers but I got her voicemail too late I was already the proud owner. Thanks for the sentiment Connie, but I hate to think of the fight over the pleater that would happen. Gripping those needles could be painful if I would have had to make a run for it...:) You know I'm not athletic......

1 comment:

  1. I have a pleater I should have let you have...I snagged it at a garage sale...I won't tell you how much (little) I paid for it. You know you can machine smock on your embroidery machine, right?

    ReplyDelete