Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hooked

For sometime now, each and every time I see my sweet niece I try and have another piece of clothing to give her. I have always wanted input, but my sister -in-law, thanks me and accepts. Yesterday Kathy came armed with blank onesies, yes my heart was happy, and my mind said yipeee! So we appliqued for Ellie, while in the sewing room Kathy got hooked. While my sewing room only gets cleaned once in a while and it has been a while I have fabric draped or sitting on anything that will hold it. I have a walk in closet with shelving full of fabric, it is very hard to keep organized but harder to resist. As Kathy looked she started picking and choosing fabrics and thread colors for the onesies. Next, the wheels started turning. I had some blue and green seersucker just waiting to be used and by 10:00 last night Ellie had a little bubble monogrammed just for her. I also made a jon jon for a friend of Kathy's in Oxford, and Kathy even sewed up the lining and some of the other straight seams...yes, I may have another family sewing buddy. Kathy has an advantage she is brilliant so the crazy pattern pieces to her make sense. A lot of people look at the pieces going together and don't get it, she gets it. Will she find time during her residency and first year of mother hood to take up a hobby?? I also introduced her to smocking...easy enough and it is portable... We will see if Kathy is as hooked as I hope she will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment