Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Life in the Sweat Shop

I have decided that I should have named my blog...My Life in the Sweat Shop. Cullen calls my sewing room the sweat shop, really becasue it is upstairs in our house and since we don't stay up there we keep the air off until one of us is going to be up there for a while. So really for the first few minutes it is possible you will sweat.
Yesterday I began my day in my sewing room. I made 4 bubble outfits, a pair of shorts, and a top. I monogrammed some burp cloths and some clothes for my friend Mandi who had her baby Monday. I caught myself seeing exactly how fast I could make a bubble by the last one. I had it to just under 30 minutes start to finish. I know I'm a nerd.
While sewing I sat glued to the televison watching the Michael Jackson Funeral. Within the first minutes I was crying. Cullen called to check on me and it was during a good part of the service, I had to let him go, I was crying again....and who out there didn't tear up when his daughter spoke. I know I am becoming a softy as I age. So I would say that the funeral cut my sewing productivity down. Humph! Sewing Marathon Day 3-Hope I finish everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment