Monday, October 5, 2009

First Refashion

I have been reading a lot about refashioning clothing. My mom has told me many a story about my great grandmother refashioning clothing to save on fabric, but I don't think I'm ready for it yet.

This was my first attempt at "refashioning"

I took a dress made for a friend last year and added a ruffle to the bottom so it could be worn with tights as a top this year.

Before:






After:









Another friend recycled some of her older daughters' clothing for her third child. So I put her name on some outfits...this is the only one I took a picture of...



1 comment:

  1. A lot of times I will check the dress rack at thrift stores for fabric. Old jumpers from the 90s have at least a yard or two in the skirt usually. And they are like $0.50! Refashioning on the cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete